COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
General Personal Information. Users browsing our website without registering an account or affirmatively providing personal information to Spectrum Retirement Communities do so anonymously, and you may generally use the website without disclosing personal information. However, as described below, we collect certain non-personally identifiable information. Your use of certain features and functions of the website and services may require you to submit personally identifiable information. The personally identifiable information that you may submit may include your name, phone number, postal address, email address, and in some cases a username, and password. In some cases, you may submit demographic information such as your age, gender, zip code, household income, and interests. In some cases, you may provide non-personally identifiable information. To the extent that we combine such non-personally identifiable information with your personal information, we will treat such information as personally identifiable information as set forth in this Policy.
Information Provided When Requesting Information. In certain sections of our website, we may invite you to submit questions and comments or request additional information. These sections of our website may include web forms where you are requested to submit personal information so that we can contact you, as necessary, to answer your question, respond to your comment, or provide any additional information. When you submit personal information in these sections of our website, including via a web form, we will use reasonable and appropriate efforts to protect your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Website Usage Information.
- Cookies. Our website collects non-personally identifiable information about how you use our website (through cookies, web beacons, internet tag technologies and embedded scripts) to make the user experience more user friendly, remember your preferences (e.g., browsing language, account login information), and help us understand and improve how visitors use the website and the services, including which of our pages are viewed most frequently. The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings. Please be advised that disabling cookies through either method may impact many of the website’s and the service’s features. We may also allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the website and the services to help us understand and improve how visitors use the website, including which of our pages are viewed most frequently, and more effectively market our services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to you. The use of third-party cookies is not covered by this Policy. We do not have access or control over third party cookies.
- Third-Party Analytics Tools. Additional information is collected through certain third-party marketing services, including but not limited to Google AdWords Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, demographics and interest reporting, and interest-based advertising to display advertisements to users based on their inferred interests and demographics.
- Aggregated Information. We may collect and aggregate identifiable or de-identified information through our website and services, including information related to a visitor’s demographic information, geolocation, browser type, IP address, device type, purchase history, onsite website usage and behavior, and use of links to other websites or resources provided on our website.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Generally. We may use information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including personally identifiable information, to fulfill any purpose for which you provide it, to present the website and its contents to you, to otherwise enhance user experience on the website, with the services, and with Spectrum Retirement Communities, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, to notify you about changes to the website or the services, in any other way we may describe when you provide the information, and for any other purpose with your consent. We may also use information collected through the website and the services for research regarding the effectiveness of the website and the services and the business planning of Spectrum Retirement Communities and our affiliates, independent contractors and business partners.
Personal Information. We use the personal information that you submit to respond to the services and information requested and improve, enhance, and personalize your experience on our website. This information also allows us to provide you with personalized and relevant content, information, and advertising, which may include sharing the information with our partners, vendors, and service agencies to assist in providing our services to you. We may also use your personal information to verify your authorization to access certain password-protected sections of our website and verify that you are a customer or prospective customer. When you provide information to us by submitting questions and comments or requesting additional information, we may use that information to connect you with one of our employees or partners so that we can respond accordingly. We may also use your personal information to send you service emails with important information related to our website or our services or to send you notices about our services, products and/or events that may interest you.
Non-Personal Information. We may use information we collect from you or that you provide us, including personal information, in the aggregate and in an anonymized way for any legal purpose.
Disclosure of Information. Except as otherwise described in this Policy, we will not share your personal information with any other person or company. We will share personal information about you to other companies or people to:
- Assist with Our Services. Certain of our employees and partners have access to your information for the sole purpose of helping us run our business.
- Provide Services to Spectrum Retirement Communities. We may disclose your information to third parties who provide services to Spectrum Retirement Communities and its affiliates, such as, but not limited to, our vendors, contact information verification services, payment processing services, customer service services, website hosting services, and email delivery services.
- Prospective Business Relationship. We may disclose your information to another business entity should we plan to engage in a prospective business relationship with that business, merge with or have all or substantially all of Spectrum Retirement Communities’ assets acquired by that business entity or to any organization involved in a merger, consolidation, bankruptcy, or other corporate reorganization in which Spectrum Retirement Communities is a participant.
- As Required by Law. We may disclose your information to respond to law enforcement requests, court orders, or other legal processes; or if we reasonably believe that such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to illegal activities, fraud, physical threats to you, others, or to yourself; or as otherwise required by any applicable law or regulation.
Before we disclose your personally identifiable information for other reasons not specified herein, we will first obtain your consent, via email, click-through, an online opportunity to enter your preference, or some other manner. In the event that we disclose your personally identifiable information in accordance with this section, we will take reasonable steps to require third parties to take appropriate measures to protect and maintain the privacy and confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. Except as set forth above, we will not sell your personally identifiable information to any company or organization.
CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personally identifiable information (such as phone number, postal address, or email address) changes, or if you no longer desire our services, we provide a way for you to correct, update, or delete/deactivate your personally identifiable information. This can be done upon your written request to the contact identified below.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION – SECURITY
We will take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction thereof, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information. However, no electronic storage method or data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may periodically update this Policy to reflect changes in our services or our policies. When we post changes to the Policy, we will update the Policy on our website and revise the “last updated” date contained in this section, and the changes or updates will be effective immediately. If there are material changes to the Policy or in how Spectrum Retirement Communities will use your personal information, we will notify you either by posting a prominent notice on our website landing page or by sending you a direct notification. Your continued use of our website and/or services and/or your continued provision of personally identifiable information to us after the posting or distribution of such notice will be subject to the terms of the then-current Policy, so please review this Policy on a regular basis.
We provide you the opportunity to consent to receive commercial email from us related to our services or information that we deem you may be interested in when you seek more information from us. We will give you the opportunity to “opt out” (aside from “service emails”) of receiving any unsolicited information from us or to limit the unsolicited information you receive from us to information regarding the services or information you specifically request or information we determine you may find useful as a result of your use of our website. For instance, each email you receive contains instructions explaining how to stop receiving such emails.
We recognize the privacy interest of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interest. Neither our website nor our services are intended for children under the age of 16. To that end, Spectrum Retirement Communities does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 16 or sell personal information from users under the age of 16. If we discover that we have such personal information, we will take reasonable steps to delete it. By using the website, you represent that you are 16 years of age or older.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Notice to California Residents
Except as expressly identified herein, we do not disclose a user’s personal data to any third-party for such third-party’s direct marketing purposes. Thus, under California Civil Code Sections 1798.80-1798.84, Spectrum Retirement Communities has no obligation to a California resident to provide further information regarding our use of the California resident’s personal data. Any inquiries regarding this Policy can be directed to the contact identified below.
Notice to Utah Residents
Except as expressly identified below, we do not disclose a user’s personal data to any third-party for such third-party’s direct marketing purposes.
Notice to European Users
The website is not for use for persons who reside in the European Economic Area. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you may not use the website.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact us at:
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC
4600 S. Syracuse St., 11th Floor
Denver, CO 80237